Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Home Schooling Mum...That's Me!

 
In Australia we school year round.  The school year starts around the end of January and ends mid-December.  We have several breaks throughout the year.  As we are about to start another school year, I noticed my kids  have been getting asked lately what grade they are in and where they go to school. 
 
This past week Cody was asked how old he was and where he was going to school.  This is the first I remember him answering, normally I do because he can be shy and will just look at me to answer.  He answered, "I'm 5 and I'm homeschooled."  He said it so matter-of-factly that it took me off guard.  It was his normal.  He doesn't know much about real school, in his little mind everyone is homeschooled.
 
I got a little bit of criticism when I wrote my 10 Reasons I Homeschool.  But honestly, I can't imagine life any other way.  Sure, some days are long and I cannot wait for bedtime, but I wouldn't change it for anything.  I love homeschooling my kids.  I love telling people I'm a homeschooling mum.  And I love hearing my kids say, "I'm homeschooled."
 
So bring on the new school year.  I can't wait!!
 
 
 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It is nice when they can share clearly and happily that they are homeschooled. It is becoming more and more accepted here.