Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Katherine Show

A few weeks ago was the Katherine Show.  For folks back home this is very much like a County Fair.  We had such a fun time.  Please excuse all the pictures!  If you're on facebook, I have heaps more!!  We were there for 10 hours.  I spared you the photos of all my freebies.  :)
Big orange pumpkins! 
 Most of the pumpkins here are small and white, so it was pretty exciting to see these.


Jeff tried the bucking bull...

...and failed. :)

Lots of games.  Most of these were $5 or $10 a play.
We let the kids play 1 game each, but several of the game people let them play for free and even gave them prizes.  Cody got a cool spiderman backpack and Autumn got a misting fan thingy.


The rides were $8, but we scored a few free ride passes.

Cody on the bumper cars.
Sorry for the scary face!  He's supposed to be the Flash!

This was the game Cody chose to play.  He did well.

You never know who you'll see at the Show.
Sadly, we know this person!

Since Cody didn't want to do the rides, he did the water ball and loved it!
He was in there for almost 30 minutes!

Autumn and her friend in the water ball.



We watched a rodeo.  Reminded me of my Uncle Rick.


Waiting for fireworks!  My favourite part.


What a great firework show!

Ended the night on the Ferris Wheel.

I hate heights.  Notice my death grip on the cage!

It was such a fun day!




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Free is good..

I wonder how those pumpkins taste :)

Oh..it's August, our Fall Festival will be soon. The whole town shows up for this. We never have to worry about parking. We walk to the park from our house and catch the hayride to main street.