Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Teen Group - First Night!


Want to know a secret?  I love working with teenagers!  While serving in our home church in America, we had the amazing opportunity to be "youth sponsors".  It was a really great experience.  The youth pastor was amazing, and I was always jealous I didn't have something like that growing up.

This past week we had our first night of teen group.  It's something we've been wanting to do for awhile, but wanted to make sure we could do it well.  With the Kid's Club and the Religious Instruction classes going fantastic, we knew it was time to get the Teen Group started.  Because I am teaching Religious Instruction in the high school I was able to invite all the teens and get them excited about it. 

Our first night was wonderful.  We had ten teenagers show up (one left before we took the photo)!!  I will mention we had a slight bribe with pizza!  Patrick recently put up a volleyball net in the grassy area outside the church so we played a game of girls against the boys. (Can I just insert how thankful we are to have a church building with lots of property!). 

Please pray for this new ministry, this is the next generation.  The Lord has blessed us with amazing opportunities here.  Our plate is full, but we are so happy.  That's why we are here! 






No comments: